At HSHS St. Vincent Hospital Neuroscience Center, we understand the importance of teamwork, education and communication in helping patients improve their quality of life and well-being.
Neurologic diseases affect how the entire body works. When something goes wrong with one part of the nervous system – brain, spinal cord or nerves – patients can have trouble moving, speaking, swallowing, breathing or learning. Problems with memory, senses or mood can also occur. HSHS St. Vincent Hospital strives to reduce the burden of neurological disease for patients and their families.
We care for those with aliments from spina bifida to pain and Parkinson's disease to stroke, brain and spinal cord injury, epilepsy and depression. The Neuroscience Center at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital has been providing excellent, compassionate care for more than 30 years.
Our Neuroscience Center has a full range of services to treat almost all neurological needs and is:
- The area’s first certified Stroke Center
- The area’s first dedicated Neuro Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- The region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- The area’s busiest Emergency Center and a Level II Trauma Center in Green Bay
- The stroke market leader in Brown County
- Home to board-certified specialists in neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, as well as vascular specialists, spine specialists and clinical nurse specialists
- Staffed by board-certified pediatric specialists in neurology, orthopedic surgery and spine specialists
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including the Stealth System and O-arm Surgical Imaging System
Our experienced neurosurgeons diagnose and performs surgeries to treat patients with brain, spinal cord, spinal column and peripheral nerve injuries, diseases and disorders.
Learn more about Neurosurgery
The specially trained stroke team at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital provides rapid access to stroke care and expertise.
Learn more about Stroke
Our expert neurologists focus on nervous system diagnoses and treatments. Their areas of expertise include the nerves, brain, spinal cord and muscles.
Learn more about Neurology
Neuropsychology evaluates your brain to determine if it is functioning correctly or if a brain disorder or disability may exist.
Learn more about Neuropsychology
Our pediatric neurology team provides expert treatment for young patients with motor, cognitive or language skill deficiencies; seizures; headaches; neuromuscular problems; brain tumors and head injuries.
Learn more about Pediatric Neurology
Prevea Therapy for Neuroscience provides inpatient therapy to help people overcome neurological deficits and maximize their independence.
Learn more about Inpatient Therapy